The One And Only IATSE Job on Craigslist

I foolishly couldn't help myself!!

Dear Craig’s List poster:

I suppose you must mean SENNHEISER, and I suppose you must mean their lower-end wireless systems.

Sennheiser has been making premium production sound gear for MANY years.  Many Academy Award winning films were recorded with Sennheiser microphones.  I own 5 Sennheiser boom microphones, each of which are over $1300.  Their laveliers are among the best in the business, and are more expensive than the commonly used Sanken COS-11.  Sennheiser was the first company to come out with small transmitters for production use, which were more expensive and of better quality than the Lectrosonics counterpart.  Lectrosonics became the standard by offering similar quality at a more affordable price.  Zaxcom have followed with premium features for a higher price point.

I would trust my sound to an experience mixer with Sennheiser “crap” more than I would trust my sound to a bad mixer with fancy gear.

It’s also a little ironic that you are demanding “pro gear” but using a camera that probably costs less than the sound package you are demanding.

Sincerely,

A professional sound mixer with lots of Sennheiser crap.

I've had nothing but problems using that Seinheinser gear!  I prefer Electrosonicks.  It's way better doods!

...too funny -- I bet they get the "consummate professional" they deserve... considering they just slammed about 90% of the professionals out there.  I love Craigslist -- it can be so entertaining sometimes  : )

--tt

So, did anybody bite?  And who is the "local boom op can be found"?

Adding to the current migratory-worker syndrome, they actually found someone from North Carolina to "bite"...

with our local's blessing, I guess.  I hope they are union ! 

Mike Filosa, CAS

Atlanta