Re: Hello Everyone

Tim Lue

Hello to everyone!

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone on the list and briefly introduce myself.

A recording enthusiast for over 10 years in music recording I have in the last 3 years worked as a production

sound mixer/boom op in Toronto, Canada, mostly on Canadian indie dramas.

I work mainly as a mixer on basically everything I can, including corporate, commercial, documentary, features and indie shorts.

Most of my work is non Union, but I also have permittee status with IATSE local 873 and NABET 700 CEP as a boom operator.

Thanks to Jeff Wexler for putting up this site, which seem to be a nice alternative to RAMPS!

Cheers,

Tim Lue

www.trlproductions.com

Im new here as well. Some of you may know me, so for those of you who dont, my name is Chris Silverman, and i am a product specailist at Coffey Sound in Hollywood. I have been promoting non linear recording since 1999 with the original DEVA 1! Jeff and all the early pioneers will remember. It used to be so difficult, and now, whole new sets of challanges are ahead of us. Well hello, and thanks for the opportunity to post to such a good group.

chris.

Welcome aboard, Chris. You are so right about how difficult it was getting non-linear production off the ground, and that was almost 9 years ago! The original Deva made it all possible but then it was the dedicated efforts by you and all the early adopters that made it actually happen. Now, it is totally clear that this is how we will do our work and although many things have become much easier than the early days, there are still big challenges.

I look forward to your participation here and thanks for joining up!

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to say hello to all the members of this board. My name is Christian Wegner and I am a production sound mixer from Berlin, Germany. I am working in the industry since `88. Worked as a boom-op from `91 till `99 and started then to work as a mixer. I also ran a 16-track music recording studio for a couple of years in the eighties.

Mostly I do scenic work for national TV-Stations in Germany. I also rent out soundgear for film- and tv-shoots.

This is a great forum!

Christian

Berlin

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to say hello to all the members of this board. My name is Christian Wegner and I am a production sound mixer from Berlin, Germany. I am working in the industry since `88. Worked as a boom-op from `91 till `99 and started then to work as a mixer. I also ran a 16-track music recording studio for a couple of years in the eighties.

Mostly I do scenic work for national TV-Stations in Germany. I also rent out soundgear for film- and tv-shoots.

This is a great forum!

Christian

Berlin

Hi Christian,

Welcome to one of the great groups on production sound where civilty reigns supreme. Enjoy the various forums, they're a veritable gold mine of information.

Eric

Hello All ,

Hi Jeff - I've just discovered your forum and it looks great. I will certainly be stopping by regularly. This kind of professional interaction helps us all.

Jeff Deeth

Welcome aboard! Let us know who you are --- we will all look forward to your participation.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler