China Cart

Guest Eric Lamontagne

Guest Eric Lamontagne

My second cart built to travel and break down. Currently in China for two Miniseries (HD, two cam viper system). Delivering on DVD-RAM and backup to harddrive and DVD-R for the FR-2. Bottom box contains Micron 501 Quad, two portable micron and one lectro 195 recievers velco to top of cart for heavy days.

post-0-13081507428_thumb.jpg

post-0-130815074287_thumb.jpg

Guest tourtelot

Eric-

How's your experience with the DV824?  Haven't had the job to use it on yet, but seems like a fine machine.  Are you finding that you have to do any "homework" transfering or manipulating files or just handing in a DVD at the end of the day?

Guest Eric Lamontagne

Douglas,

Homework consists of doing the stuff I haven't figured out yet. For example: Week one I didn't feel confident enough to work in the auto copy "immediate" mode. This means I spent some of my own time burning off a DVD-RAM at night (for post audio, audio to HD system for editing already no time crunch). Now I find it no problem to work in the immediate copy mode and, after creating an .ALE file, can hand off the DVD-RAM right after "wrap".

Still have yet to make the .ale file actually work with our Avid Media Composer. Mac reads the DVD-R, just won't touch the .ale file!

Another example of the learning curve: First day off I spent my time burning DVD-Rs for backup. I realized that the LAN connection to my laptop was unable to download audio, only upload!!!! Until I figure this out I will be making DVD-R copies before I format the partitions! Now I set the DV824 to copy DVD-Rs at night. This is SO painless!

Eric

PS. Ouch! the user bits get reset to FFFFFFFF after a shutdown, I believe TC stays locked!! This means that I still have to maintain a clockit when in power saving situations! Even my FR-2 does this better!

PPS. LOVE my new guest charger. Two seperate charging systems means I have clean and seperate power for my noisy DV824. Two 17volt gells do the trick!

Guest Eric Lamontagne

More shots. The antenna array is my answer to the RF dogfight common on HD sets. Directional shark fins and lectro filter amps!

Eric

post-0-130815072935_thumb.jpg

post-0-130815072939_thumb.jpg

post-0-130815072944_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...