2nd Microphone choice

Sam Kashefi

Guys ..

i have a MKH60 as my standard shotgun mic in my gear

voice and ambience pickup in outdoors is great .. but i have

lots of difficulties with Voice pickup indoors .. im getting more echo and noises

rather than people's voices ...

heard a lot about schoeps mics but never tried them.. unfortunately here in my city there is no

shop which you can go and test mics ...

some good ideas ?

as always

Sam

Guys ..

lots of difficulties with Voice pickup indoors .. im getting more echo and noises

heard a lot about schoeps mics but never tried them.. unfortunately here in my city there is no

some good ideas ?

as always

Sam

Sennheiser MKH 50 or MKH 8050 is a great choice. THe 80xx series is a modular system so you can buy other capsules for it.

Eric

Don't know your budget,  but a Schoeps CMC 6 with a MK-41 capsule is a good choice....  Go with what you know are industry standards, you probably will not be unhappy....  LSC corp. in N. Hollywood CA.  or Professional Sound serv. in NY can get you the mics,  when you do decide....  You can have one sent out to try, then send it back to purchase one...  They are pretty good about that....

Sam,

i started with a 416, then heard a schoeps cmc6mk41. blown away, the most natural sounding microphone. buy one and you will love it. if you don't i'll buy it off you;).

the MKH 50 or MKH 8050 could also be a good way to go, they might be closer in sound to your 60 but if you get the schopes you'll still be happy.

Guys ..

some good ideas ?

as always

Sam

HiSam

i use the Schoeps CMC 6 with a MK-41 capsule along with the CUT-1 filter indoors, its warm and natural sounding, great for feature films,

I love the sound of MKH 50 too

do have a check of both before you decide to buy it

let us know how it goes

cheers

Hari

Yes, shotguns love reflections and bounce, this is why a hyper cardioid ie MKH50 or schoeps with a MK41 hyper cardioid capsule work so well indoors. I have seemed to have ceased using  my shotgun mics. I have both MKH 50 and the schoeps. My suggestion would be the sennheiser MKH 50 as you allready have a MKH 60. I wish I had just bought sennheisers when I started as I have had lots off difficulty with my Schoeps, due to a voltage problem with a Audio Developments mixer, putting out 53.7 volts phantom power.

I don't have as much experience as most of the people on this forum, but I have researched inexpensive options for interior boom microphones exhaustively. In April of this year I bought the Audio Technica AT4053 for booming indoors. It's not as pretty sounding as a Schoeps, but to my ears it sounds very similar. Someday I'd like to buy a Schoeps, but until then I will have complete confidence in my $399 AT4053.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/af0ced13084351f0/index.html