EMW wiring

Brett

Thanks for that Eric would that wiring put it in phase with the sanken cos 11's ?

That I don't know. If you run into that problem you can either use a phase reversal switch on your mixer if it has one or just make up a short xlr to xlr phase reverse jumper to go between the receiver and mixer input.

Eric

" to wire a Countryman EMW for 3 pin wiring to be used with Lectrosonics UM transmitters. "

" From the Countryman website for a TA5f connector for the UM tx. "

it is also on the Lectro web site

phase question: try the Lectro discussion group, or call them, or email them

The question has been answered. Why do you feel you have to add your two cent's and add no useful information? Give it a rest already.

Eric

Give it a rest already.

I agree 100 percent with Eric and I am sure many other members of this forum. If people prefer to ask a question on the forum instead of looking for the information themselves then that is ok if it bothers you then don't answer or ignore the post no harm done. As Jeff has said "No Stupid Questions"

If someone has a question about a piece of equipment, contacts the manufacturer and solves the issue over the phone or by email, it won't get posted here, which goes right against the raison d'être of a discussion group; the sharing of information.

BINGO! There in a nut shell is the reason for groups like this. Thank you Andre for putting it so succinctly. Maybe someone will get a clue.

Eric

I have never said any question was stupid, NEVER!!

I have also never said anything like that about a questioner, either!

" would that wiring put it in phase with the sanken cos 11's "

" The question has been answered. "

Sorry, I do not see that answer posted...

and certainly if anyone wants to test that for the OP, instead of the OP doing his own testing, and then reporting the results, that will continue this incredibly interesting discussion of the wiring of the Countryman EMW for Lectrosonics, that is found on both....

after all: " If someone has a question about a piece of equipment, contacts the manufacturer and solves the issue over the phone or by email, it won't get posted here, which goes right against the raison d'être of a discussion group; the sharing of information. "

I have never said any question was stupid, NEVER!!

I have also never said anything like that about a questioner, either!

" would that wiring put it in phase with the sanken cos 11's "

" The question has been answered. "

Sorry, I do not see that answer posted...

and certainly if anyone wants to test that for the OP, instead of the OP doing his own testing, and then reporting the results, that will continue this incredibly interesting discussion of the wiring of the Countryman EMW for Lectrosonics, that is found on both....

after all: " If someone has a question about a piece of equipment, contacts the manufacturer and solves the issue over the phone or by email, it won't get posted here, which goes right against the raison d'être of a discussion group; the sharing of information. "

The problem is that the Sanken COS11 is wired out of phase with most other lav microphones. There is no reason to rewire other mics to match the Sanken's. A simple phase reverse jumper for the output of the Sanken receiver will solve the phase issue.

Eric