I need some help, folks

Guest tourtelot

Guest tourtelot

This is kinda weird for me but I'll put it out there in the community of my peers.  I have had the unfortunate luck of having three project go away this year for different reasons; it has become a VERY slow year for me and I am feeling the pressure of being unemployed for as long as I have been.  Probably more than a few others have had their dry-spells but I feel a little scared at this moment.

If any of you, especailly West Coasters, get an offer for a project that you can't do because you are working (or even better, taking vacation!), and if you feel comfortable, would you mind refering your producer to me for one job?

I have a wonderful team; we are really good and well liked, and we wouldn't embarrass you ever!  I wouldn't steal your producer and would refer him right back to you upon completion.  I am on the roster, have a safety passport, and am in Local #695 as a Y1.  My team is all #695 as well.  I'd be ineteested in any mixing work, but would also love to work as a playback man on a project if you need one.  Please contact me off-list if you'd like to discuss any of this.

I'd be very grateful for the help.

Regards,

D.

If any of you, especailly West Coasters, get an offer for a project that you can't do because you are working (or even better, taking vacation!), and if you feel comfortable, would you mind refering your producer to me for one job?

Regards,

D.

I will certainly try and see what I can do and I would not hesitate to recommend you and your team for any jobs that may come my way. I have had very little work myself with this "Mama's Boy" (a little 7 week movie that is coming to a close) being the only work I have had since wrapping "Mission Impossible III" in December last year.

We'll see if anything turns up or if I hear of anything I will pass it on to you.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler