New look.

Jim Gilchrist

I agree that a change of scenery can be good, and you do an admirable job of keeping it fresh. My suggestion still would be to consider spacing the "recent posts" section to make it a little easier to read (quickly scan) and to include a few more lines. Thanks for pointing out the expansion icon, but that goes to a page that is huber spread out, with the first lines of the discussion instead of a more compact view of the titles.

But, as always, Jeff, a great job at creating and maintaining a valuable forum.

gt

• 1 month later...

I've got 2 beefs with the new look;

1- Quotes take up more room than the reply.

2- Links aren't highlighted.

Petty stuff, I agree. But if you want to make this great resource close to perfect...

I was able to further edit the CSS so that QUOTES are displayed smaller than the text in regular posts and I altered the line spacing as well. Looks better, Thank you.

Links are not highlighted but they do have a "hover" response to verify that they are links and confirm your cursor position. This seems okay to me...  if you see something that looks like a link, mousing over it confirms that it IS a link and is clickable.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Jeff, just in case you feel like fiddling with it some more, your CSS code for the link states looks like this...

/* Normal, standard links. */

a:link

{

color: #2b2b2b;

text-decoration: none;

}

a:visited

{

color: #2b2b2b;

text-decoration: none;

}

a:hover

{

color: #5b5b5b;

text-decoration: underline;

}

Once you locate that, you would want to edit the color for a:link and also for a:visited by changing their hexadecimal values of #2b2b2b to something new.  Perhaps pick a color from here http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/Color_Charts

Laurence

Jeff, just in case you feel like fiddling with it some more, your CSS code for the link states looks like this...

Laurence

You're the man...  thanks Laurence. I am getting better at CSS editing and I had located the style parameters you found that relate to the way links behave and are displayed. I just didn't really want to mess with it right now.

Thanks as always for your help and guidance.

-  Jeff Wexler