Time Code Cable

Bartek

Hi There,

In video situations I ussualy pull TC from the camera to feed my 744 in external TC mode/ rec run.

At the moment I use a breakaway cable + a BNC for TC. I would like to simplify this to a single cable, however I am weary of TC bleed into my audio signal. I would like to avoid a lockit box solution in a single camera setup ($$$). Does anyone know if there is a particular cable make/ configuration that can handle TC and audio without bleed? I would like to be able to run at least 100'.

Bartek

Time code can be run in the same cable with audio without bleed.  The bleed issue tends to happen when timecode is being used as an AUDIO channel, particularly one leg of a stereo pair, and the mixer or input device is subject to crosstalk.  If you're running TC out of the camera to TC in to the 744T and the cables or pairs are simply touching your audio feeds, I don't think you'll have a problem -- has anyone had any experiences to the contrary?  Of course, the best way to be sure is to test it thoroughly before using it in the field.

nvt

Hi There,

In video situations I ussualy pull TC from the camera to feed my 744 in external TC mode/ rec run.

At the moment I use a breakaway cable + a BNC for TC. I would like to simplify this to a single cable, however I am weary of TC bleed into my audio signal. I would like to avoid a lockit box solution in a single camera setup ($$$). Does anyone know if there is a particular cable make/ configuration that can handle TC and audio without bleed? I would like to be able to run at least 100'.

Bartek

I think Noah hit the key point that the bleed usually occurs in whatever mixing/summing device is in the loop.

I've run mic level audio, time code and router data down the same twelve pair snake and been fine.

As long as the signals are terminating into separate devices with no common audio ground you shouldn't have any issues.