Sound Blankets. Moving Blankets for Soundporrofing.

We thank members of this forum for recognizing our product.

We had created Moving Blanket for Soundproofing, “Producer’s choice” by request and recommendations of sound recording professionals and movie producers, members of another forum – DVXUsers.

After some discussion what would be the best sound blanket for acustic room treatment, there was a consensus that Outer fabric would be cotton, not shiny polyester.

The weight would be around 8 lbs – lighter would be not enough and heavier would be too heavy to manage. And the colors – Black one side and White the other for special light reflective. So this is what we did.  (http://moverssupplies.com/Moving-Blanket-for-soundproofing-Producer-Choice/ )

Then we added grommets to make it easier to hang the blankets. Sound Blankets with 5 grommets (http://moverssupplies.com/Sound-Blanket-Producers-Choice-with-5-grommets/ )

Then we noticed that people needed larger size blankets and even on this forum there was a post describing “Ideal” blankets to be at least 96 inches long. So we now offer Oversized Blankets for Soundproofing measuring 96 x 80 inches and weight 11 lbs per blanket (http://moverssupplies.com/Sound-Blanket-Oversized-Producers-Choice/ ) with 9 grommets on 80 inch side.

By Deceember we will have available oversized blankets that are Black on both sides. Please check back in a month.

Our blankets are used by large and small film producers and recording studios, such as School of Rock Music franchise, Century 21 Fox studios, NBC TV Show, even by some demolition companies to block the noise!

If you have any suggestions how to improve the Sound Blankets or looking for a new soundproofing blanket or covers please e-mail to support@ moverssupplies.com .

But Wait!   , as they say in commercials…

We noticed that many members of this forum are from California, and the shipping is a real pain, so we offer members 5% discount on Sound Blankets. Use this coupon JWS1010-9 (works on purchases over  $45.00).

http://www.MoversSupplies.com

I can attest to the quality of these blankets -- very well-made, and they definitely do the job. I'm using three in my van right now just as a buffer for my gear, and I think it knocked at least 20% of the road noise down.

My only suggestion: put the grommets on the long side of the blanket instead of the short side! Other than that, they're "good for sound."

--Marc W.

"If you have any suggestions how to improve the Sound Blankets or looking for a new soundproofing blanket or covers please e-mail to support@ moverssupplies.com .

But Wait!   , as they say in commercials…

We noticed that many members of this forum are from California, and the shipping is a real pain, so we offer members 5% discount on Sound Blankets. Use this coupon JWS1010-9 (works on purchases over  $45.00)."

http://www.MoversSupplies.com

This is the sort of thing where I think this Discussion Group really delivers. We had a topic about sound blankets (or furnny pads, or moving pads, or...) and somewhere along the way the company MoversSupplies.com came on to discuss their product (outstandingly useful and functional I might add), and now, offering DISCOUNTS and an openness to suggestions on how to improve the product. Thank you to all who have participated here.

Regards,  your host,  Jeff Wexler

" could someone compare(preferably by actual use) "

great idea,  thanks for taking this on!!  looking forward to the results of your comparisons (preferably by actual use)!

Just looked at both websites and it would appear that the mover's supplies product offering is more expensive but offers more weight in a comparable size, and black and white color as opposed to just black or blue and light blue.  I know you wanted a real use comparison Senator but I just thought I'd AB them on the web for future reference in case I wanted to get some.  I'm in the midwest so shipping would be a factor from either vendor.  Its great that Mover's Supply is so open to suggestions for our industry.

Best,

Bernie

I had our production in Georgia (the country) order some.  They do not have furni pads here or anywhere in Europe, but I convinced them they are necessary for some of our noisy sets.  Looking forward to seeing them, and hoping to keep some of them in good enough shape to bring home!

I bought a dozen of the B/W blankets, they are heavy and work well. Much better than the old furniture blankets I was using and they are "grip friendly" being black and white. The only potential problem I see down the road is the edge binding could be a heavier material. Time will tell, it may be just fine.

The room I broke them in on is on the ground floor of an old row house on the edge of Capitol Hill in DC right on Pennsylvania Avenue. They were (subjectively) better, keeping more of the city sounds out of the room. I've recorded many interviews in this room and it might be me justifying the outlay of cash, but it seemed quieter. They do look good, and that's a big help with this particular client.

Best regards,

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 6 a couple of years ago (when they first popped up in the audio forum on DVXUser.com) and I think they're great.  My last use was in a short shot in a bar with a Bart station immediately outside (underground).  We used them to block off an air vent that went out to the street, as well as the window and door to the bar.  Cut the Bart noise significantly.  I recommend them.

Phil