Beating the Heat

Sonny

It's summer-time, and a particularly nasty one at that.  Next week will find me in Missouri mixing 6 wireless channels into a PD-6 outdoors all day.  I'm a little concerned about overheating the gear...I've had it happen once before and I was running it in the shade!  Thankfully, there was no damage done, except that production was held up for 15 minutes while I cooled it down and moved the cart far enough away to use a small fan.  So what do you think?  Any other ideas for beating the heat?

I was on the road during the worst of the recent heat wave. I guess i enjoyed the hotels AC a little too much, or maybe it was just an extreme case, but one morning when we were loading up the truck, my gear was instantly covered in a layer of water, as the air condensated on my cool equipment. I gave it a wipe, but it was back within minutes.

After seeing that, the DOP offered to store my gear in his room, since he was quite opposed to Air conditioning.

I'm hoping i haven't done any long term damage to the gear.