Boom operators - Cool photos

RPSharman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-1308-0-51491500-1308496107.jpg

My ex boomop Heiko from Cologne booming Ralph Möller in Sagresh/Portugal in 2000.

wireless Panamic Maxi Boom w/ Rycote/ kmr82i/ Audio2020

(No dialog)

Great shot! I love this topic/thread, has produced a whole album of amazing photos.

Note: one of the reasons I put up this new site are the many additional features and functions I was unable to accomplish with the old site, like the RE-SIZING of images that are just too BIG!

post-1-0-42935400-1308508669.jpg

My new boomstand / toolbox. Same as the old one for those who have seen it. The old one was over 10 years old & never fell over even in a stiff wind. No need for an apple box and there's lots of room inside for tools etc. The tubes are bolted on. Some green little camera dweeb busted the handle off the old one (I think). The made-in-America toolbox was $30 and the tubes about $5. And that small pole with the rollers is my "Kit Cool" boom support device (not my name for it).

post-1603-0-15052900-1309885387.jpg

these are my boom operator and our 2nd/utility (the driver) ready to go for a shoot in a funfair. the actors had some lines while driving one of these bumper cars, followed by another car with the camera operator aboard, and then the 'sound car'. i have to say our driver was very skilful to be always near the actors to let the boom work, without invading the frame...

funny shooting, i wished i was the boom man that time...

post-1382-0-07751000-1309944662.jpeg

these are my boom operator and our 2nd/utility (the driver) ready to go for a shoot in a funfair. the actors had some lines while driving one of these bumper cars, followed by another car with the camera operator aboard, and then the 'sound car'. i have to say our driver was very skilful to be always near the actors to let the boom work, without invading the frame...

funny shooting, i wished i was the boom man that time...

post-1382-0-07751000-1309944662.jpeg

Yikes! There's a lot of electricity overhead in bumper-car arenas. Looks like fun, and a cool photo, but I wouldn't want to swing a conductive boom pole around in there.

Robert