Boom operators - Cool photos

RPSharman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad to see I'm not the only one sticking out that forward hip towards the mic when booming on a full extension and the scene's been running for a while... Thought that was one of those horrible habits only I had fallen into!

Its completely natural to  "stick your hip out " , however I would advise switching from left to right sides often, so as to be

"ambidextrous" with your booming. So that you don't affect your normal posture.

I had to finish some paperwork today but couldn't stop reading and viewing all the amazing photos everyone posted! Very entertaining and inspiring! Went through my photos and found couple of them where I can actually see a boom pole :) Not the best pictures but wanted to contribute.

Alicia Keys interview. Some known host from China. Unfortunately I didn't write down her name. (Both on stands) 

Aliciaboom_zpsb0e40acf.jpg

Below is from an upcoming History Channel show "What people make". Not much of a boom shot but to mention we were shooting at the factory where they make the KaBar knives from scratch. One of those metal hardening process. Hot temperatures next to huge oven. Rycote was about to give up! 416 was "Mehhh! have seen harder times...

HCshoot_zpsc7755592.jpg