Boom operators - Cool photos

RPSharman

Here's a screen shot from this behind the scenes video of TED. This is me booming Seth MacFarlane as he performed the TED lines in full mocap wear while on set. We fed him the other actors in his comtek, and fed his lines to the actors with in-ears when they were too far away to hear him, so that they could interact. He's sitting up looking at pictures to emulate being teddy bear sized.

sethboom.jpg

Fellow JWsound member Pedantic Sound (Jesse) and myself booming John DeLancie and fans at BronyCon last weekend. Jesse has the blimp and my mic is the fuzzy one. It was a fun job!

Looks like Jesse's got the angle on you. Need a longer boom pole!

I was working the kid, not JD. There were two camera and sound crews right there. 12' pole is enough for run and gun, I think....

Ah, gotcha. At first glance, it looks like you're competing. And it's always nice to see booms just out of frame. :)

the 2 camera shots following John inside of a crowded Cheeseburger in Paradise was the most fun...

Yes they were! I thought it was funny that we usually ended up gravitating to the same spot in order to stay out of frame from the two cams.