Got Nagra??

studiomprd

is anyone out there still using any Nagra's ?? any shows, anywhere?? if so, what models??

I'm trying to get information on the current status of Nagra recorders in the business.

additionally, are the old mag film recorders and dummies still in active use on any shows, any type, anywhere???

Thanks!

is anyone out there still using any Nagra's ?? any shows, anywhere?? if so, what models??

I'm trying to get information on the current status of Nagra recorders in the business.

additionally, are the old mag film recorders and dummies still in active use on any shows, any type, anywhere???

Thanks!

I kept my TC Nagra for the studio when we got rid of all the other analog decks--just in case someone had a 1/4" tape they wanted to play.  It hasn't rolled on a location job since '96 or so.  Very little use in the studio as well.

Philip Perkins

I used a Nagra TC as backup to a Deva 2 for six years on CSI. It's only this year that I've resorted to a Deva 5 with the DEva 2 as backup. I hung on as long as I could but as George Harrison said, "All Things Must Pass"

Belive it or not I did a feature earlier this year with my 4stc. I did a picture a couple of years ago with the same post house and they liked the sound so I rolled at 15 ips with the Dolby SR. It was pretty much two people at any time on camera so no need for alot of multi tracks. Also we did some exteriors at -25. I have no idea yet how my DevaV is going to react to the extreme cold. I am sorry to say that I have put it on the shelf next to my nagra 3 and 4.2. It got hard to get stock towards the end of last year.

Yea, it's good to hear the old Nagra is still out and about on a project or two, long live the Nagra/ rest in peace. Also I would like to congradulate Mick as well, though We have never had the pleasure of meeting, I feel I know you through Bryan Wholley, Micks third man and my nephew. I know how hard you all work and I hope this is your year to win.

Regards , Old School

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. Brian is a great 3rd and I regard him very highly. A post here about the invaluable work and support that utility guys provide wouldn't be a bad thread to get started. I've always subscribed to the fact that a mixer is only ever as good as his boom guy and support team. If I get lucky and come home with the "gold" these guys will be my first "thanks you"