My Cart

Michael P Clark

The cart stays built, and the top unit was built with rack rails I had laying around. The cart rolls into my trailer as is, except the monitors, which flip down, and the antennas quick release off. The sharkfin antennas for the wireless go on the unused blue pole on the right. It was a boom only day:)

Looks like you went for the pneumatics all around--when I did this on my old cart the "ride" became a lot smoother with the cart weighted up.   Question--you have the computer on your left--are you left handed?

My magliner-based cart was a less sophisticated version of your setup--when I had it the only way the computer felt right to me was to have it on my right.

Philip Perkins

post-15-13081508411_thumb.jpg

I am right handed. This setup has evolved on a set in which video is recorded on my cart also, and the script super, who is left handed, sits next to me. So it's kind of become habit for me to sit on the right. I thought it might bother me working the computer this way, but it hasn't been too troubling. On that job I have the computer on the top shelf and the monitors flipped down, since there are other monitors on the cart.

Yes, pneumatics all around.

• 3 years later...