Sanken and Lectro...

curleysound

I use Sanken COS-11's and Lectro 211's presently. I have always had to turn the gain on the body packs to about the first notch to avoid blowing the preamp away. Is there something I can do to change this? My trams gain is about noon on the same TX, so I know it's a hot mic signal.

Does the red light on the TX show an overloaded signal because iIhave the same setup and run the TX level at about noon to great effect. Maybe it's a mixer gain adjustment rather than a TX level trim.

I'm speaking of the xmtr preamp. I can see on the reciever display that it is constantly tripping the limiter in the xmtr whenever I turn it up over notch 1. I know it's a hot signal from the COS-11, as my trams are not this way. I know that sankens for the new SM transmitters have resistors in them, I'm wondering if there is something I can do to bring the capsules output level down on mine? The problem is that when there is quiet speech on these lavs, I'm hearing breathing from the companders. If I could bring the gain up on the xmtr, this would be minimized.