On My Radio

old school

This is from a playlist index - To view other songs in this same window:

Click on the menu icon - upper left corner. An index pane will appear on left margin.

Click on your selection. It will then play in this same window.

No matter where you start from...It's in auto-advance mode.

Also: #Laurie Anderson (on You Tube) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_VDnmv6HjIo9xYndATGfgw

Click on the menu icon - upper left corner. An index pane will appear on left margin.

# Los Lobos  (All)

Parcel of Rogues by Steeleye Span. Maddy Prior's voice is a delight. This song refers to the Scots who supported the Act of Union which united England and Scotland in 1707- England was the old, open enemy who bribed influential Scots into making their votes.

The song is from Robert Burns's Poem:

Fareweel to a' our Scottish fame, 
Fareweel our ancient glory; 
Fareweel ev'n to the Scottish name, 
Sae fam'd in martial story. 
Now Sark rins over Solway sands, 
An' Tweed rins to the ocean, 
To mark where England's province stands- 
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation! 

What force or guile could not subdue, 
Thro' many warlike ages, 
Is wrought now by a coward few, 
For hireling traitor's wages. 
The English stell we could disdain, 
Secure in valour's station; 
But English gold has been our bane- 

O would, or I had seen the day 
That Treason thus could sell us, 
My auld grey head had lien in clay, 
Wi' Bruce and loyal Wallace! 
But pith and power, till my last hour, 
I'll mak this declaration; 
We're bought and sold for English gold- 

On January 17, 2016 at 2:12 AM, new mexico said:

I always felt Big Science was one of the few albums that really made me stand up and take stock of who we are, and what we've become. Oh Superman was surely one of the most notable on the effort, but the title cut just says it all. Such understatement. 

This has been playing a few times at home. Great cover. Wondering about the audio though... Sometimes it just comes out as too clear, could it be playback? Damn hard to tell. The audio at the end suggests that such is the case. Could me mics overhead though, and that the audio cuts to the camera's internal mic or whatever... GREAT COVER anyway. Great song. 

#LittleFeat

12 hours ago, new mexico said:

This is from a playlist index -

The shows, some from London but mostly from the Lisner Auditorium in Washington, DC, that made up the album were absolutely awesome. The Lisner, on the campus of the George Washington University, is a great music and dance venue and in the late 1970's we had some superb acts play the hall.

One of the nights of the Waiting For Columbus dates the Meters with the Tower of Power horns opened, Allen Toussaint opened another with the Tower of Power horns and the third night Catfish Hodge (who later was part of  Chicken Legs, one of the Feat offshoots) opened.

Thanks for posting, Jim.

Happy Birthday, Bob Marley!! Sing today the praises of the gentle soul rebel. One Love for all!! You can't be in a bad mood when listening to his vibe and energy. The man was the first true Soul Rocker.

Back in College, every year during the summer breaks, I played a 16 hour marathon of Bob every year. A special place in my heart for this gentleman.

If you don't have this album.. "Dreams of freedom: Ambient Translations of Bob Marley in Dub" ...It's another must have. Hands down, THE album that brings people to my cart most often asking "What album is this?"                   Every.Single.Time. I've turned more crew members on to this version of Bob than any other album I've played. You should also check out "Chant Down Babylon" if this vibe speaks to you.

Peace and Love!

This is a link to a playlist that should play the whole album top to bottom for you!

**Edit....now it should work.... something is in retrograde....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cued (specifically) to: Junior Wells / Buddy Guy - 'Cryin Shame' (w/ short 70's-era "What is Blues?" preamble...)

Playlist index - menu icon in upper left corner:

On 2/6/2016 at 6:41 AM, Michael P Clark said:

Happy Birthday, Bob Marley!! Sing today the praises of the gentle soul rebel. One Love for all!! You can't be in a bad mood when listening to his vibe and energy. The man was the first true Soul Rocker.

Back in College, every year during the summer breaks, I played a 16 hour marathon of Bob every year. A special place in my heart for this gentleman.

If you don't have this album.. "Dreams of freedom: Ambient Translations of Bob Marley in Dub" ...It's another must have. Hands down, THE album that brings people to my cart most often asking "What album is this?" Every.Single.Time. I've turned more crew members on to this version of Bob than any other album I've played. You should also check out "Chant Down Babylon" if this vibe speaks to you.

Peace and Love!

Thanks for sharing, Michael. I wasn't aware of these versions. I've added it to the workshop playlist!

(Loving the 'playlist index' format!)

During the 70's, this was also a fav album of mine:

(Playlist index. Menu icon upper left)

#AWB

Thought I'd share this, too? * 

( Even though, IMO, the house horn section's solo's aren't really up-to-par with the rest of the groove.)

( * Which BTW, came from the playlist index menu, in YT following, below.)

I enjoyed most of these, below -

(Obviously, this 'menu index' format lends itself to quickly sampling the first minute, or so, of each song, in the same window?)

So, FWIW ... I'll suggest these, too?  - - (#1 Cued) - 2, 3, 9, 10, 43, 64, 82, 89, 95.

(Menu upper left)

Not included in the above playlist,:

(@ the 1:50 minute mark - Does it look like they're using Zaxcom ERXTD, on the Sony ex3?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_from_Daryl's_House

On January 31, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Olle Sjostrom said:

This has been playing a few times at home. Great cover. Wondering about the audio though... Sometimes it just comes out as too clear, could it be playback? Damn hard to tell. The audio at the end suggests that such is the case. Could me mics overhead though, and that the audio cuts to the camera's internal mic or whatever... GREAT COVER anyway. Great song. 

Hard to say for sure if it's live, but they've done many other one take live recordings in the past. If you get a chance, go see them live. You will not be sorry. Big fan of WOTE.

CrewC