NAT BOXER soundman Oscar Tribute.

Chrisboom

I found it interesting that they missed some people in the "tribute" section last night at the Oscars.

On that note , they did include Nat Boxer a new york soundman long since retired who died last Dec.. However he did several Francis Ford Coppolla movies. and won an oscar or two.

If I recall..I think he was one of those guys that got hired as sound mixer...then boomed the show ( like a Nelson Stoll ) situation.

Anybody out there have any thoughts on "mixer's" that serve as boom op on the production ?

I found it interesting that they missed some people in the "tribute" section last night at the Oscars.

On that note , they did include Nat Boxer a new york soundman long since retired who died last Dec.. However he did several Francis Ford Coppolla movies. and won an oscar or two.

If I recall..I think he was one of those guys that got hired as sound mixer...then boomed the show ( like a Nelson Stoll ) situation.

Anybody out there have any thoughts on "mixer's" that serve as boom op on the production ?

BTW, on "TRAUMA" (episodic shooting in SF) Nelson's at the console--heavy wireless show....

Philip Perkins