low budget gig

Doug Brandon

Greetings all,

I know of some good hearted people making a film. They have posted on craigslist.com and Mandy.com and have been unimpressed with the replies.They are only offering two hundred a day for an ENG style one person mixer/op (they have limited equipment-shooting on Canon XL8). I enjoyed working with them last year and would work with them again only because they are building from a love of the craft. The problem is, they seem truely to have virtually no budget (I would guess there will be a lot of volunteers on this job).

I believe most days are in the Long Beach area, a couple days on the LA West Side. Schedule is something like one day, tuesday Sept 12, then about a week off, then about a week on, then about a week off, then about a week on (? something to that effect). 

I am currently unavailable or I would help out. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm advertising for producer slave-mongers as I know these type of filmakers exist. Personally I feel, "if you can't 'afford' to make a film right you shouldn't be making films." However, 'make it right' may not imply having money to boot (many a poor artist has lived a full and rewarding life, but we still have to pay the bills).

If anyone is interested, contact Tymaine Clay: sudavis859@aol.com

He would rather e-mail as his phone is busy these days. If no e-mail, his home #: 818-246-7231

If anyone feels this kind of a post is unappropriate pleasepleaseplease let me know.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

I know how you feel. I have plenty of friends who are very  passionate about their work but simply do not have the fungs to pay their crews propperly, although i know that if they had the funds they would.

This is a kind of situation where the pay is directly proportional to the kind of experiance their sound person would bring with them. These kind of gigs are perfect for people who need to get some experiance in th efield. I would strongly encourage those out there who are starting in this industry to consider these kind of gigs. There not fun, but this is how u leard the basics, and learn to appreciate what a privildge having sound crew is.

Bartek