Would you please stay on!!!

Thomas Popp

Hello everyone!

As of right now, I am working on an independent horror film, and having a problem getting a lavalier to stay on the talent. The sound mixer wants me to tape the lavalier (a countryman B6) to his shirt...this worked great for the first week, right in the middle of his chest (btw it is a very very thin black shirt, with holes in it) with a little knot in the cable near the head.

However, now we are having an issue getting the microphone to stick because he just "killed" the cop, and has blood ALL over his shirt.

The shirt is really tight on him, and he has stressed to the director that he doesnt want to have a lav taped to his chest (he is hairy) - and this caused a lot of clothing noise anyways.

I was using medical tape first, which wouldn't hold - and went to "transpore tape" which worked perfectly until the blood came in...

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate the advice!

~Thomas Popp

Boom Operator

818-359-1348

Oh btw, pig intestines smell horrible! The talent guts the cop in the scene. yuck!