Iphone theme for the discussion group

Michael

Jeff,

Not sure how much effort it might take, but I have been reading about an iphone theme for SMF2.0. If it's possible this would be a great way of accessing the group.

Completely understandable if you don't want to mess with the forums on this kind of level.

You can read more about it at

http://www.farfromperfection.com/smf4iphone.html

This specific mod appears to be no longer in development but should work with the current version of the group.

this is the SMF discussion on the topic where they discuss and have modified versions of the above mod to continue functioning.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

An app was released in the last few days that works with the group.

Its very early in its development cycle at the moment.

you can find it at

http://www.smfiphoneapp.com/

Michael

Thank you for finding that! I will try it out. It is free and it looks as if it will make it much easier to use this Group with the iPhone. I have found, as most everyone else has too, that displaying and navigating around wide pages with small typeface on the little screen is not a lot of fun.

-  Jeff Wexler

Agreed anything to make it easier to navigate on the tiny screen is a good thing.

I have already sent some suggestions to the author including the option to display pictures, a blue dot beside threads/categories for new posts, the reply time stamp in the threads section, keeping your log in details and finally the apparent bug that the last post in a thread isn't displayed correctly (on my copy at least)

Michael

I just tried this App on my iphone, downloaded it twice to make sure the first download not corrupted. Both times when trying to login to jwsound it pops up with "Login Failed. Confirm username and password and correct URL". All of which I have double checked.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong??

Dave.