lav bullet

soundtrane

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I actually used one this Friday on a shoot and the talent actually loved it. The talent was female and was really happy that an audio guy had something which didn't mean they would have to put their hand under their clothing (regardless of how tactful one is). Sure it's a little expensive, but you only need one. Personally I would recommend it if you can afford it.

http://www.facebook.com/atrchamberlain

I'm actually thinking of biting the bullet (or at least buying one) just to see if it makes wiring up ladies a little easier. I just had to wire up about 35 women in a row, spread across five days, and I'm all for trying a new approach to see if it's a) faster and B) more comfortable for the talent.

I'll have to remember to warm up the bullet before sliding it down (ulp)...

--Marc W.

+1 on the Lav Bullet

Using it after the old coat hanger/curtain rod methods and the Bullet rocks

Hint: It threads to MM400 mic connectors as well as TA3 (my experience)

Regards from

Jim Rillie, who lives in a world where all actors must be wired plus booming as per usual.

and loves what he's doing for some reason.

hey soundguy4film, how are you dealing with all that blood dripping on your lavs? I put a paper napkin over my lav when the sfxmakeup person comes around.

I liked the first season of that show. I love zombie shows? I hope the next season is as good.

The Lav bullet/rod seems like a very helpful tool.

If I can afford to buy a lav bullet or lav rod I would, but Im having a time trying to get a decent kit rental on the basics.

Matt

I always apply the transmitter and get women to pass the lav up and out of their clothing...

Yep, that works. But a TA5 connector is much smaller and less obtrusive. I think the whole point is to wire up the talent faster, with no fumbling, and zero discomfort.

I have to say, I used the lav bullet four times on Thursday, and it worked great. Very clever idea, actually.

--Marc W.

• 5 months later...