Help support this site

Jeff Wexler

Today marks 1 year since I joined the JWsound family. In that one year, I've learned more about sound, met some great folks, worked with some awesome soundies than in the total amount of time that I've been working as a sound engineer. I can't thank you enough Jeff for putting together a place where we can all meet, help each other out, and learn a thing or two. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't learn something new. There really isn't another field where there's such comradery so thank you all again (the donation Jeff should take care of my gratitude for one year's membership and a little extra for an end of the year thank you.) As Crew says, Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hey Hartley, welcome to jwsoundgroup and thanks for contributing. I had an idea the other day about contributing to the group. It seems as if a lot of folks buy n sell gear here. It might be nice to see a 1% fee/commission on all sales of gear sold amongst peers as a way to support the site. Just a thought, any other thoughts?

CrewC

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I think it is important that we help JW keep this sight going. We just had the RAMPS/JW sound group party last night at NAB. It is amazing how this group has changed from RAMPS to JW and what Jeff has done and continues to do with this group and most important of all our craft of location and production sound. If you you have not made a contribution this year please consider doing so. I am speaking up for Jeff right now to help site keep going.

Cheers,

Whit

Thank you, Whit, for the kind words. I appreciate any and all donations, of course, but please consider your own financial situation. I wouldn't want anyone stressing out over a donation. Also, for those who do wish to donate, you should be able to use the Donate box that is in the right sidebar.

Thank you, Whit, for the kind words. I appreciate any and all donations, of course, but please consider your own financial situation. I wouldn't want anyone stressing out over a donation. Also, for those who do wish to donate, you should be able to use the Donate box that is in the right sidebar.

NOTE: The "DONATE" box is available if you use the "FORUM" view. For the many of us who mostly use the "NEW CONTENT" view, it isn't there (well worth finding, however).

$10! that's CHEAP for the info gleaned from here ... and of the course the entertaiment!

Thanks Jeff,

Not to mention the fact that when you do something stupid like I did and lock yourself out of the website, Jeff will help you personally. His time is valuable, and you are right Jerry, the information on this forum is worth considerably more than the asking price for a donation.

Donate!

NOTE: The "DONATE" box is available if you use the "FORUM" view. For the many of us who mostly use the "NEW CONTENT" view, it isn't there (well worth finding, however).

Thanks for pointing that out to me --- it never occurred to me that people might bookmark the View New Content page(s) and never even view the "Home" page. That means they don't see the stuff in the sidebar (which I recently added to, providing some useful links). Also, I guess they don't see the header News items either --- that's where I posted the RAMPS Party info (and today, a follow up and thank you to all who participated).

So, for everyone, once in awhile click on the "forum" tab to view things you're missing... or not.