RED is toast, 5D is done...

studiomprd

The new iPhone 4 will do HD video AND has iMovie (Final Cut lite) available for $4.99! I can see it all now, camera operator running around with the iPhone, sound mixer running close behind to try and get the levels right, picture editor close by to try and start cutting this stuff...  oh, distribution won't be far off either, they're just off the set waiting for their moment to upload the whole mess to Hulu.

Don't laugh. I had a (very big name A-list) director once yell at me because he hated the way our dailies looked on his iPhone. And this was a million-dollar car commercial.

Sure, the experienced guys know not to expect things to look good on an iPhone. But these younger guys...  shakehead.gif

It's just a matter of time before neophyte morons shoot "actual movies" on iPhones. (And edit them on iPhones.)

--Marc W.

• 5 weeks later...

suckers are good for the economy, no? supply and demand ...

plus, whoever thought up a chemical process for moving pictures was obviously insane because zoetropes are great!

when the winds of change are blowing you can build a shelter, or, you can build a windmill.