HVX 200

larry long

Anyone know anything about this cam?

My buddy is mixing a Webisode? for our show and using this Panosonic HVX 200 cam. He and the producer want to do double system. What are the sync issues? He is looking at the 744t for a recorder.Does this cam have TC can it be jammed?

Any insight?

5K camera 30k sound package, WTF where are we headed?

LL

Anyone know anything about this cam?

My buddy is mixing a Webisode? for our show and using this Panosonic HVX 200 cam. He and the producer want to do double system. What are the sync issues? He is looking at the 744t for a recorder.Does this cam have TC can it be jammed?

Any insight?

5K camera 30k sound package, WTF where are we headed?

LL

I did 30 day doc with that camera and the panasonic 900, double system with a 744t. Deneke on the 900 and CH2 TC on the HVX, but editorial never used it. It was too much for them to handle, with over 100+ tapes. I gave them the proper tools, but they were lazy. So they paid me to do the sync for them in ProTools. Aside from the offset, everything stayed in sync. Use Sticks at the head of every shot, and "try" to get the HVX TC close to your TC. I ran Time of Day, and used a Smart Slate, and it worked out well. Just Time consuming, so budget it in, or use the right tools, like Sebesky Tools with CH2 TC. I know there is another program that works,  but someone else will have to chime in here with that info.

I had some really long takes that I was worried about drift(60 minute takes), but it stayed in sync fine. Hope this helps

Mike

Just to add to what Oleg said, if they're using the P2 cards, slate with each P2 card change (which you have to stay on top of, because on the project I worked on with the HVX camera started out changing the cards without telling me until I told them firmly that it would be much more time-consuming to synch the audio if we don't slate it with each card change, and then started demanding it when they still insisted that "it wouldn't hurt just one more time".)  Workflow-wise, since I was on a bag, I also gave them a chip with each P2 change and we dumped the chip with the P2 so the audio files were always with the right P2 dump.  At the end of the day I backed the whole thing up just to be safe.

Phil