Problems in Post reading fat 16 on Deva II

larry long

A buddy of mine doing a show for the WB has been recording on a Deva II for 8 weeks now. The sound has been going through telecine and they finally got around to posting his stuff and say they needed a UDF format and that the Fat 16 that he has provided cannot be read by their machines. They have some sort of laborious workaround but insist he buy a new machine.

What do you guys tyhink the sitch is here? Is there an easier way for them to pull these files?

TIA,

Larry

...they needed a UDF format and that the Fat 16 that he has provided cannot be read by their machines. They have some sort of laborious workaround but insist he buy a new machine.

What do you guys tyhink the sitch is here? Is there an easier way for them to pull these files?

Larry

All of the Deva II Fat16 stuff is so far back in my own history I do not remember the exact clear answer tov this, but I believe what is needed is the Software Architect's driver utility software to be able to access Fat16 files on a DVD-RAM disk made by the Deva II. It is almost certainly a driver issue with the computer OS/optical drive setup unable to read Fat16 files. Someone with more current use of the Deva II setup should chime in here is possible.

-  Regards,  Jeff Wexler