Jan McL

It's the Little Things...

I was upset to find that a number of the elastic bands on my Sennheiser MZS-40 shock mount were cracked, after one of them broke. I feared a frustrating search at the Home Depot, or worse, sending Eric around the Cape of Good Hope to locate some for me. But I scaled the search back a bit, and found the most wonderful answer. Look no further than your junk XLR bin. That's right. The little gasket on a Neutrik is the perfect size to solve this issue. Not being round, they slip in the mounting groove a little better (if you orient them correctly). And they even seem to be a bit burlier. Can't wait to hear how they (don't) sound.

It's the little things. Thanks Jan!IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg 

On 13/02/2018 at 7:57 AM, Rachel Cameron said:

I was upset to find that a number of the elastic bands on my Sennheiser MZS-40 shock mount were cracked, after one of them broke. I feared a frustrating search at the Home Depot, or worse, sending Eric around the Cape of Good Hope to locate some for me. But I scaled the search back a bit, and found the most wonderful answer. Look no further than your junk XLR bin. That's right. The little gasket on a Neutrik is the perfect size to solve this issue. Not being round, they slip in the mounting groove a little better (if you orient them correctly). And they even seem to be a bit burlier. Can't wait to hear how they (don't) sound.

It's the little things. Thanks Jan!IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg 

Cool! Going to try and remember this one.