UCR201 Display Problem

jason porter

Hi all,

I just powered up one of my 201's and the display is solid "black."  The unit was on, and I switched out the NP-1 that powers the whole bag (NiCad battery) and when power returned, the display was solid.  Audio still passes, but I would have a hell of a time trying to play Pong :)

Anyone experience this?

I read through some postings on RAMPS, it seems this may be related to a bad LCD unit, Lectro is aware of the problem and will fix it for free (according to a post from Larry Fisher).

I just powered the unit up again, no problem, everything back to normal.

I'll keep and eye on it.  Thankfully, Lectro opened a service centre here :)

Thanks for all of the advice (on and off the group)

FYI, it also happens to my 211 units. The first time scared the bajeebus out of me, but after a couple of on off cycles it always comes back. Just waiting for some down time in order to send mine in for LCD screen replacement. As fas i understand it, they discovered this problem before release of the 400 series receivers, and thererfore those LCD displays should be problem free.

• 1 month later...
Guest groundlift

I ran into that problem a year ago and the result was sending it back to lectro, we tried just about everything, including everything lectro had to support over the phone...