Pelsue Tents or Other Tents?

ProSound

Just ordered my Pop n work tent. Xmas gift to myself.

Anybody have a suggestion for a heater? Anybody have a favorite? Just starting to get really cold here in the NE.....

thanks!

john

Reposting- I saw something about tent heaters on the jwsound Facebook page but can not find it now

I love my Pop n Work 6' by 6' tent. After about 7 years the poles are starting to give out and the thing sags, so might be time for a new one. As for heaters I carry a little 'Mr Heater Buddy'

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/395472-mr-heater-portable-buddy-propane-heater.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CJ7s8-Sg1LQCFQpgMgodemwA2g#.UOm0YW_AeSo

It uses 1 lb propane cans and runs about 7 hours on low and 4 hours at high. Out of the tent it blows out easily if it's windy, but inside the tent it's fine and safe.

A few years ago I used to use the 6x6' ice fishing tents. In the end I found them too flimsy so I went for the pop n work. But I was on a job in Puerto Rico where afternoon rain showers come through every day. The first day I broke out my ice fishing tent (which folds very small and light) it proved very popular with the local crew. The ice fishing company is still trying to figure out the order for 20 tents from a tropical island.

Those are great. I have a few ice-fishing tents (also must have caused confusion when shipping to SoCal), but they require opening then lifting over the gear.

http://www.amazon.com/KillZone-Igloo-XL%C2%A9-Person-Fishing-Shelter/dp/B002ZUBEYE/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1357510140&sr=1-1&keywords=eastman+ice+cube

The doors on the work tents are great because you can just drive in once they're open. It's also nice to have an open door when the weather isn't bad, as opposed to a flap.

But the ice-fishing tents hold up to wind a bit better, I think.

• 2 years later...

Just got a Pelsue 6508A.

I can't figure out the "snapping motion" on the top centre rubber disc to set it up. 

I'm vertically challenged at 5'7", so would an apple box be my friend?

Maybe I'll find some of my locations buddies and get a training session!

Just rambling, and it hasn't rained yet on this shoot, so no big rush.

Regards,

Jim Rillie

Just got a Pelsue 6508A.

I can't figure out the "snapping motion" on the top centre rubber disc to set it up. 

I'm vertically challenged at 5'7", so would an apple box be my friend?

Maybe I'll find some of my locations buddies and get a training session!

Just rambling, and it hasn't rained yet on this shoot, so no big rush.

Regards,

Jim Rillie

for a single person set-up,  the 8x8 is a bit trickier than the 6x6.  with my 8x8,  I use a bit of momentum to get the roof in place.  when centred under the roof,  bring the assembly as low as you can, then push up rapidly to click the roof in place.  if you have the entire sound team in place, the tallest person can take the central position and two other members can step on the side flaps as the tallest person pushes the roof centre hub to click into place. stepping on the bottom flap of the side walls, gives you leverage as you work your way around the the three side hubs. the youtube video link below shows the assembly of a 6x6, or smaller,  but the side wall and roof technique are the same principle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJdO9xRlBQ

heading your way at the end of the year.  hope to see you,  if you are in town.