Suddenly Available

Hello -

In typical production fashion, as my gear was sitting on pallets at PackAir ready to go to the LAX cargo terminal this morning, production called to say that we are pushing 2 1/2 weeks.  I have asked my gear be returned immediately.

I am available for the next couple of weeks, and seeing that the end of the project will dig deeper into the end of my health insurance qualifying period, I am hoping I might find some days before I leave.

Thanks,

Robert

Hello -

In typical production fashion, as my gear was sitting on pallets at PackAir ready to go to the LAX cargo terminal this morning, production called to say that we are pushing 2 1/2 weeks.  I have asked my gear be returned immediately.

I am available for the next couple of weeks, and seeing that the end of the project will dig deeper into the end of my health insurance qualifying period, I am hoping I might find some days before I leave.

Thanks,

Robert

Bummer dude.

phil p

Sorry to hear this Robert. Wasn't this the MO from the last film of his you worked on? So close yet.... Hang tough.

CrewC

Yes.  I arrived in Georgia, tech scouted for a week, supposed to have a week of prep (which I didn't need all of), then we were supposed to shoot.  Pushed a couple of weeks, so I was there for a long time before shooting.

What's a little scarier about THIS movie is the fact that the very same movie went belly-up last year just before production began.  That is why the director went to shoot the film in Georgia.

So while I am hopeful it is just typical delays, I am actively searching for my bird in the hand.

Robert

Man that sounds scary for sure, but hopefully things work out well for you.  "Prep time", what is this fiction? haha, I can't wait to graduate to a larger budget production.

Good luck Robert!

I dunno if larger budgets = more prep time. Would love to hear others' experience.

I'm lucky to get one man-day prep and one wrap, even on bigger low budget stuff. Never keyed a huge budget job. No prep at all for dayplayer gigs with the exception of one NY show I know of. Of course, I don't do technically complicated shows, but...

-- Jan