? about Lectrosonics Venue Digital Hybrid wireless receiver system

Tom Maloney

The Venue system is widely used in the field. The combination of performance and price is too difficult for many to pass up. Particularly when starting to build a system from scratch or replacing a number of channels. A-list feature and TV mixers use this set-up and are very happy with it. That said, you need to know that they do not perform quite as well as similar system of UCR411a stand alone receivers. The input I get from my customers is that the range they get on the Venue on identical open freq's is just short of the performance of the UCR's. Individual front ends on each of the UCR receivers is most likely the reason for the increased performance. It is also the main reason they cost three times what the VRT's cost. However, at about $4,500 for a VRM master module and six VRT receivers vs around $11,500 for six UCR411's and a multicoupler, most will resign themselves to working the antenna's a little harder to realize the savings.

If it is an older system, make sure that the VRM is in good adjacent blocks for you, If it is a WB or WBL version, just check what blocks the VRT's are on before you buy.

Good Luck

SJ

I have found one of these systems for sale. My question to you folks is this something you could use on a cart ? The listing says it can work on DC. Since I don't have a cart I am asking about its being something feasable to use. Thanks for any input.

Thanks

Tom

I use mine on my cart and love it. Assuming your cart is 12volt based anyway, it would be easy to get power to it. The Venue's AC power is an adapter that feeds the venue 12 volts.

I went straight for the shark fin antennae, but some people use the other options. The lectro site has a section about antennas, and there are other threads on here about best ways to rig up an antenna mast to your cart.