New theme for the Group

Jeff Wexler

what's with all the empty gray boxes?

Eric

You will have to tell me where the empty gray boxes are appearing --- I'm not sure what you mean.

I am sort of liking this format/template and it seems to perform a little better. It is about as lean and clean as you can get and still function. We'll keep it for awhile unless there is a lot of dissatisfaction.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Jeff,

The gray boxes are under the posters name, under your name there are 5 gray boxes. Then there are gray boxes at the beginning of each thread. I can't find the "reply with quote" link any more.

I have a feeling that my web tv system doesn't have the ability to fully see all the new changes that have been made.

Eric

I have a feeling that my web tv system doesn't have the ability to fully see all the new changes that have been made.

Eric

Sorry, Eric, I believe the problem IS with web tv. I have checked the new user interface on several different browsers on several machines and everything seems to display properly. The "boxes" below our names are actually stars (a graphic icon) that represents the member status (in most case, 5 stars, Hero member, etc.). Also, the QUOTE button is still there, to the lower right hand side of a post, but the "Reply with Quote" is gone. Hitting the box that says "QUOTE" is the same as replying with quote.

I have to say that I am really liking the look and performance of this new template so I am going to stick with it for now.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Guest Jeffrey Colon

This does not look as busy to me...  Whan I first logged on the typeface was super large... Apple key+(-) fixed that.  Either one looks good to me... but then again, I'm neither red or blue...

Guest Jeffrey Colon

Hi Mick... sometimes I think the folks at fostex have this same issue  :-) 

I will not defend time spent on making this a pleasant place to exchange info and ideas,  My brain hurts enough from reading the word clock thread... Very informative and probably worth three weeks of my figureitout time...

The fact that links show up in a different color on this interface makes any stress I might have adjusting to it worthwhile...

Thanks to JW for running a nice establishment.

I will not defend time spent on making this a pleasant place to exchange info and ideas,  My brain hurts enough from reading the word clock thread... Very informative and probably worth three weeks of my figureitout time...

I'm still reeling from the Word Clock thread myself (but fortunately for me it is a purely academic issue with my setup --- but I need to stay informed).

I also agree that if we focus on the format too much we will miss the main focus. But as Eric points out, I am an Aires and that's part of the problem.

-  Jeff Wexler

Wow, all these years that I've known you and I didn't know you were an Aries, (what ever that is). So am I. Maybe I did know at one time, but today it is news to me. Lets start a new poll and see who else is an Aries, and who wants to be an Aries. Or not. As for the new theme for your site, it is very clean and all, but the colors could be warmer, or is that my fire sign speaking... Happy H 2 the O 2 the Ween.... U all.

Old School CrewC