DPA Mics

Arno93

Hi I'm looking forward to buy 2 Dpa microphones. I'd like to use them

for car scenes, or hide on table.... to replace my old lectros cub,

some people told me to go with the 4071 (three sound guys from Montreal) with the,

http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/products.aspx?c=item&category=142&it...

accessories, but I also saw the compact serie that seem really attractive...

http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/products.aspx?c=Catalog&category=114

do you have any suggestions please.

Thank you

Arno

I routinely use my SMK-4060 (kit with 2 4060-BM, XLR adapters, and boundary layer adapters) for car work (hidden in the visors or overhead), or on conference room tables with the boundary adapters.  They are wonderfully adaptable mics, and I have also used them for drum overheads, instrument mics, talent lavs, main pair / classical music recording, SFX capture, and stage / theatrical SR.

Choose the 4060, 4061, 4063, as appropriate for the hard line / wireless option that is most appropriate for you.  When I think 4071, I think more for lavs that will be used under clothing, especially for live SR, where a presence boost from the mic, is desirable, rather than doing it in post.

I´ve got the 4063 (low dc for Zaxcom wireless) and the  boundary tool but find it way too harsh. Too much high freq for my taste. I always used the hi cut to bring it down. Now I go with a Sanken CUB 01 which sounds much better to me.

The boundary tool really is just a piece of rubber with a cut for the cable run and a hole for the mic. Nothing fancy.

Matthias

I use the 4060 (Hi-Sens) for table mics (hidden camera jobs) and occasionally for car work but find them a little too sensitive for many other situations. Here's a pic from a job I used them on last month. It was a focus group situation so I didn't have to hide the mic's. The director figured the mic's natural for the environment. (The boundary layer was not taped down yet.)

I also use the DPA 4062 (XLo-Sens) for sound fx jobs, mainly car work. They can handle SPL up to 154db!

Gene Martin

Audio Department

post-534-130815088443_thumb.jpg

post-534-130815088443_thumb.jpg

Hi, thank you for all the comments....

I also called DPA, and the sales man told me after discussion, that I might go with the 4061 to use in a car..... I think I'll make a test with it and then decide.

Thank you again, and if you have any other idea....

P.S. : Mathias, I use Cub 01 for years now, at the begining I was super happy, but I don't know why, today they sound flat. I have a lot of (shhhhhhh.... don,t know the word in english) and regarding my technician, they are fine.... that's why I'd like to try something else, and quicker to fix in a car.

Than you

Arno

Arno...there are many ways......here is my one...

http://www.jwsound.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1679.0

Its a DPA 4071....being mixed on the exterior with a Schoeps CMIT 5U.

I used this in the cab of a truck the other day....3 talent having a yelling match inside it... they get out still arguing.

The SM trx was set at 21 on the audio scale....my (educated) guess for the scene.

I had the mic and trx rigged from start to finish in 30secs.......sounded perfect...

This works in so many situations.

BVS

• 1 year later...

New microphone and new cable from DPA.

From the DPA site:

DPA Microphones at Prolight + Sound 2012

If you are attending Prolight + Sound 2012 then be sure to stop by the DPA booth. Come listen to our live demos and chat about our mics.

New product launch

Prolight + Sound 2012 sees the launch of the lead microphone that will enhance your DPA live toolkit. It is now being introduced and we promise you will not be disappointed! The new vocal mic, full details of which will be revealed at the show, will offer consistent audio performance at all sound pressure levels, impressive gain before feedback, and stable construction.

Show giveaway: Remember to have your badge scanned in our booth for a chance to win the new vocal mic!

4099 clip microphones

A new cable solution offers increased flexibility to users of the 4099 live mic series; visit our booth to see how the choice of cables and goosenecks can accommodate virtually any instrument.

Headset microphones

We will also be showcasing the new options for the d:fine™ headset mic that is now available in several versions covering all headset microphone applications.

See you in booth # 8.F22!