Boom Recorder 7.25.2 and 7.25.3

takev

Hello there,

I have just released 7.25.2 and 7.25.3, the first release addresses a problem with playback of many mono files. If you had issues where Boom Recorder would play the audio silently this may solve the problem. It is a quick fix that may not actually help, but I am hoping it will. There are also some fixes to small bugs which the new compiler found for me.

The second release of course includes the fix in 7.25.2 as well, but also raises the maximum number of channels you can record to 256. It seems there are customers who think 128 channels are not enough, the change was easy enough so there we go.

Both versions are compiled with a new compiler making it impossible to release them for Tiger. So these two versions only work for Leopard and Snow Leopard.

The latest version for Tiger is 7.25.1

The newest version should work with Leopard on both 32 and 64 bit power pc and intel CPUs.

And to handle 256 channels you need a giant screen as you see.

There are some features available to programmers if I will drop the power pc and 32 bit intel, so at some point I will want to use that. 64 bit will also allow me to read files in a special way (using mmap system call) which could help me make Boom Recorder playback much better.

Hi Take,

Would it be possible to have the option to eliminate the "Slate" as a metadata field and column if one wanted to, in the system preferences?  As it is unused for me, it is a bit of an annoyance to see it on the screen - or when trying to move it to the end of the table, having the scroll bars appear if it is outside the window.

Also see my requests for both a global and per track offset parameter to lead / lag individual tracks with respect to timecode offsets.  Notes were written in the BoomRecorder synch thread.  ...and vertical meter orientation.

Nothing urgent here, just something I would like to see in the next regular future release(s) of BR.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Take,

While we're talking about changes / additions to BR, can I add one tiny suggestion? I mainly use BR for long form Concert recording, and on those jobs I don't really need the Sound Log generation facilities (as opposed to in-file Metadata). While it's only a small thing to trash them, I'd love the ability to turn off the creation of sound logs added as a checkbox to preferences.

many thanks for continuing support / development of BR,

nick