need 2 sound mixers for 2 possible jobs in nyc, friday nov 10th

greg sextro

when it rains, it pours.

for the past week i have been booked for a job on the 10th.  so of course i got two calls today for other production sound gigs.  one is a commercial, and one is a pretty simple set of interviews (industrial).  both require gear.  both are non-union.  the commercial would actually be covering the first day of a two day job (i would cover the second day).  the interview job is for a filmmaker friend of mine, and should involve some pretty simple set ups.  both pay. 

more details to come.  there is a possibility that things may change, but i'm taking a preventative measure in the meantime.

the only other production mixer i know in nyc is mixing a feature right now, so i'm pretty sure he is unavailable!

so, this is an open call to nyc mixers.  please send me you contact info.  i'm pretty sure that both jobs would be straight to camera, and both would need one to two lavs, plus boom mic.  both jobs are in the city and would be one soundman each.

thanks

-greg-

gregsextro-at-hotmail-dot-com

i might not be able to contact you till early next week.  again, will know more as details come in.

errrr....no one has repied.

no nyc based mixers here on this forum?-greg-

It's just a guess, but I didn't think there were that many New York sound mixers who were NON-union...  New York is pretty much union, Local 52, as far as I know. That could be the reason for the lack of response?

-  JW

well.  maybe.

it seems there are a handful of non-union shoots going on here right now.  (and i'm talking about features, not shorts or commercials)

also, i know some local 52 guys who it took them more than 10 years to get in the union.

so, like me, they've got to be out there!

i'm still exploring some different routes.  on monday i'm going to start making some calls to rental houses if none of the people i've called get back to me.

-greg-