Rasmus Wedin

Sanken COS 11 cable noise

I asked a seamstress to realize some lav straps, with elastic band and I 've got a lot of noise, with sanken cos 11, quite frustrating, many of you complain about the noisy of sanken cable, lav straps are very useful for hairy chests but probably I made them with the wrong material, an elastic band too much rigid (or just new.) is anyone using the Ursa chest straps? I have seen some video and seems to very efficient, probably due to the material density they are made of. 

4 hours ago, Eric Toline said:

Sorry there seems to be an issue on this comp with DLing the file.

Got the file to open on a different comp, yes there is some rubbing noise but it's very hard to offer any specific advice from a short sample. It could be loose clothing rubbing on the capsule or the cable. You just have to keep working on placement and isolation of the capsule, I would suggest using the Rycote Overcovers for the capsule. Good luck. 

It a multichannel file with boom and 2 lavs noisy, the capsule is fully isolated in the rm11 and wrapped into the lav strap.

I read here about a gain issue on the TX, I am using sennheiser ew 100 g2 set at -20db, i could low them to to 30.  Unfortunately i own 2 sankens and generaly rent what concerning lavs so i get wisi lectro whatever i want, and  I Remember with sankens and sennheiser 2000 i didnt have this noise issue. Could be the couple cos11 ew100 one of the causes? Some tx/lav are noisier then others?