Editing Posts

redge

If the software permits it, could I suggest that participants in this site be given the ability to edit their posts?

Some of us use devices like the  BlackBerry to post, and when small screens are used there are times when, for whatever reason, there are grammatical or spelling errors that are not apparent until after comments are posted.

Then of course there are situations where one wants to refine the content or tone of comments.

Not essential, but something to consider.

I will look into that request. Since this is the first time I have ever configured and administered this particular forum software (as you probably know there are a lot of ways to go at this) I am still learning what can and cannot be done with it. I know that spell checking "on the fly" is supported but the software depends on the capabilities of the user's host computer and OS to accomplish this. There is already a "Preview" button at the bottom next to the "Post" button but I don't know if that would help. I really don't know whether the author of a post can go back to that post and edit after the fact (if that's what you were asking). I will investigate.

Regards,  your host,  Jeff Wexler