Reality shot around sin city clubs with heavily drinking talents.

RadoStefanov

I found a store with something similar - in Singapore last year, and the guy taped my back as a sample to let me feel the difference - i had a sore lower back then. After three days, did not feel any better. I never went back, but i may now - now that i know i can use the tape for something else! ;)

Hey Robert, tell us more about Kinesio tape - skin prep, removing, strength, etc.  I'm shocked that I don't know about it.  I thought I had every sticky thing known to man in my kit.  That's why I love this forum.  Thanks.

Bruce

Bruce,

I discovered this stuff while filling in for another mixer on a TV show here.  They use it exclusively in place of Transpore tape and Moleskin.  It seems to irritate the skin less than Transpore, and sticks better than Moleskin, yet pretty easy to remove too.  No complaints from actors, most of whom are very experienced in TV production.

Robert

Thanks guys.

I would try the ace stuff for the TX and maybe just clip the mics.

I am afraid the mole skin will not hold when the girls are dancing,drinking and sweating.

I am mainly afraid about the TX sensitivity when walking in to the club and SPL changes drastically.

Cool, Thanks Robert.  More sticky is better. Tired of discovering the mic somewhere down near the navel (on sweaty actors)right before we roll.  It really is all about our bag of tricks.

BTW: this sounds like it might be the same gig that you had turned down* earlier as you wanted to boom it...???

* " Just lost a reality gig because I did not agree with production "

tottaly diferent gig

pays well and I am running 3 wireless.

It is about a self made millioner sports beter.

It was fun and I did not loose any gear.

I used water proof band aids which worked great

But taking the glue of my lab cables was a pain.

Thanks for the ace idea. It worked great.

My favorite part of the shoot was saphire strip club VIP rooms.

Unreal location

• 5 months later...

Referencing Eric Toline's exercise shoot on this blog below:

That is awesome and in many situtations the best way to lav (ratting the mike through the hair). The only hard part is getting the talent and sometimes even the director to be receptive to the idea. Some people let me do it, and others say "pass!", because they think it may require too much work and mess up their hair. And also because they've never seen this technique done on set before. But whatever the case, when through the hair, it's perfect mike proximity and there is the very least bit of rustling.

Diving pouch are your best friend for wet and wild stuff, sticky medical tape and pin down your lav to the clothing. I have contestant dropping into water(half submerge) while kayaking and both the transmitter (UM400a) and Lav (B3) survived. Suprisingly the audio survive too. The show is about losing weight, gallons of sweat everyday. Guess what show?? :)

I'd used Aquapac and its really good, but the 10 bucks cheapo diving pouch work too.

Cheers,

AC