HP slate will run OSX snow leopard IMHO

Thank you, Jim, for the clear explanation and clarification of "hack." This is how I used the word and I think you've made it clear that I used the word properly. Also, I might add that the word "Hackintosh" is just a popular term used to describe a computer which is NOT a Macintosh that has been turned into a Mac, sort of, by hacking it to run under Mac OS instead of the OS (usually Windows) that the manufacturer intended it run and support.

Some of the things Rado has said seems to portray the millions of Mac users as a group that are blindly led by Apple to buy overpriced hardware that runs the best operating system in the world when they could be buying $300.00 no-name PCs and install Mac OSX.

-  Jeff Wexler

With all due respect:

EFI IS NOT A HACK!

EFI IS BIOS EMULATION!

Please research!

Efi alowes [glow=red,2,300]normal [/glow]PCs meeting a minimum set of hardware requirements to be seen as real Macintosh computers by the OS, allowing the use of[glow=red,2,300]  unmodified[/glow] , "[glow=red,2,300]stock[/glow]" Apple kernels (as long as the processor  supports it.

THE OSX IS NOT HACKED.

THE BIOS IS EMULATED.

On the contrary, the boot loader is a hack, it hacks the EFI on the computer so it can install OS X.

There is nothing wrong with hacks.  I hacked my wife's old iMac G5 for dual display support, not just mirroring. A hack is simply something not supported by the manufacturer or software writer, which may or may not violate the EULA agreed to either by tearing open the disc envelope or via a check box during installation.

As I said previously, you're a lucky guy if you got a machine up and running without one issue or another.

Best regards,

Jim

Jeff I have no problems with Apple designs. There are good.

I think the new mac book pro I7 is good.

The dual core Mac book that I own is very slow for the money I paid for it.

I pretty much use it only to impress clients.

I do not like their business practices and disregard for the customers need.

I like the democracy of Linux Windows word and despise the totalitarian rule of apple word.

But that is just me.

Thank you, Jim, for the clear explanation and clarification of "hack." This is how I used the word and I think you've made it clear that I used the word properly. Also, I might add that the word "Hackintosh" is just a popular term used to describe a computer which is NOT a Macintosh that has been turned into a Mac, sort of, by hacking it to run under Mac OS instead of the OS (usually Windows) that the manufacturer intended it run and support.

Some of the things Rado has said seems to portray the millions of Mac users as a group that are blindly led by Apple to buy overpriced hardware that runs the best operating system in the world when they could be buying $300.00 no-name PCs and install Mac OSX.

-  Jeff Wexler

With all due respect:

EFI IS NOT A HACK!

EFI IS BIOS EMULATION!

Please research!

Efi alowes [glow=red,2,300]normal [/glow]PCs meeting a minimum set of hardware requirements to be seen as real Macintosh computers by the OS, allowing the use of[glow=red,2,300]  unmodified[/glow] , "[glow=red,2,300]stock[/glow]" Apple kernels (as long as the processor  supports it.

THE OSX IS NOT HACKED.

THE BIOS IS EMULATED.

OK, Whatever you say.

Best regards,

Jim