the movie BOBBY

Coleman

Ok, here is a heads up ( shameless plug ?) for a  great independent movie that we worked really hard on.  We had a lot of tough locations, ( they were knocking down the AMBASSADOR hotel around us as we were filming, the stage work we did for the ballroom had a plywood floor, and we only had a 20' carpet we kept moving around to stop the sound of all the extras walking around., and the stage was not a sound stage, so as an added treat, we showed up and then they had a construction site type generator there for us instead of a "movie generator"... etc etc.-.)  Also, we had 2 cameras all the time.  One of my favorite scenes is with Demi Moore and Sharon Stone in a hair salon with a sh.. load of mirrors, 2 cameras, both moving all the time, and no rehearsal.  The Boom Operator ACE WILLIAMS, really nailed it.  He did such a GREAT job on that movie.  For most of the movie there was usually only 1 or 2 takes, and we never got "one for sound", as there was just no time.

Anyway, I just saw the movie, and I loved it.  I think it's worth seeing on the big screen.

Coleman

Hey Coleman, I will check out "Bobby" for sure. Can't promise the big screen though I'll try. I have worked at the Ambassador, as any one who works in L.A. has, dozens of times, and as anyone who has will testifiy as to the vibe of the Ambassador. On the night Robert Kennedy was shot, I was a 17 yr old, living in Orange Co.. I watched TV until the results of the Calif. primary were in that night.  Before I could get a glass of water n say good night to the folks, the news came back on and changed all my hope of that night into something south of shock. A shit load of positive went negetive that night for all of us, and history is still being written. I'm glad you and Ace and crew got to work on such a project no matter how hard it was, cause nothing good is easy. By the way, the Ambassador is as of tonight, 11/25, a dirt lot.

CrewC

We shot much of "Boss'n Up" at the Ambassador. I loved running around the creepy upper areas, but the entire stage area was leaking water from the ceiling when we were there (January). Good thing it was mostly music videos there. Can anyone lend truth to the rumor of the grip tape "X" on the kitchen floor? Was that really the spot where Bobby lay dying?