Bracket for Cooper CS-306

Jeff Wexler

If you can do it yourself then you should just do it. In my case, Chinhda did not have the time or the desire to make the one off bracket that I wanted to have for my little Cooper CS-306. I wanted to be able to mount the Deva attached to the mixer so I could carry it as an all in one for mobile work, insert car work, etc. So, I made the bracket myself, took me a few hours and $28.00 in parts and material. It will get the job done and I did it myself.

The angle of the photo makes it look as if the Deva is over-powering the mixer, and it is to a certain extent but the whole rig is very stable and a relativley small footprint. At some point in the future I imagine I may have a smaller recorder on the platform. Joe Foglia, who owned the CS-306, had a bracket that held his Sound Devices 744T very nicely (much smaller recorder). I couldn't use that bracket so this one was made from scratch. I don't think I will be using a 744T or 788T, but who knows what Zaxcom may come up with in the future.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

post-1-130815091257_thumb.jpg

That is such a beautiful little mixer.

It truly is a miniature Cooper. When I stand back and look, I have trouble figuring my distance, I must be far away since it looks so small. I know it is a mixer that very few would go to the trouble to use since there are SO many alternatives, but for me, it is exactly the right thing.

-  Jeff Wexler

Jeff -

That is one tidy, powerful package.... might I emulate it someday??

I love my 306 and I know you'll love yours. They've got a great feel...

BTW - I have been lucky enough to get a number of used items from Joe over the last 20 years... 

All in impeccable condition - I'm glad this little mixer has found a new home.

Mike Filosa, CAS

Atlanta

• 7 months later...

If you can do it yourself then you should just do it. In my case, Chinhda did not have the time or the desire to make the one off bracket that I wanted to have for my little Cooper CS-306. I wanted to be able to mount the Deva attached to the mixer so I could carry it as an all in one for mobile work, insert car work, etc. So, I made the bracket myself, took me a few hours and $28.00 in parts and material. It will get the job done and I did it myself.

Jeff - it's time to emulate your bracketry!

In looking at the photo closer - has your Deva evolved "wings" on the bottom front?

It looks like you have a unique mounting scheme happening here.... care to elaborate ?

MF

I looked for a better image of the Deva "bracket" I made (I know I have it somewhere) but it is really a very simple solution though lacking the machining, elegance and anodizing of a Chinhda bracket. It is simply a 3/4" piece of aluminum bar stock cut to a length that extends about an inch wider on each side of the Deva sides. The screws that hold the Deva strap "handles" in front are removed and the bar, appropriately drilled, is mounted using replacement (slightly longer) screws. These screws hold the bar and also re-secure the posts or strap handles. The portion of the bar that extends off to the left (and also off to the right) is drilled and bolts are used to secure the Deva to the cart. In the case of the CS-306 bracket, I just drilled holes in the aluminum plate to match the holes on the cart shelf and use the same mounting arrangement.

post-1-0-89323900-1310245087.jpg