Should I sell my PD4?

curleysound

I'm kind of in a bind. I dropped a bunch of money on my PD4, and it has served me well with minimal service needs. It seems as though it's just not practical anymore. They're only going for around $1500 on Ebay, which is only slightly more than an FR2 with TC. It seems a shame to sell it, but I don't know how much longer anyone will be willing to pay for it, how much longer there will be spare parts, or how much it will be worth after this year? Thoughts?

Tom

I think you should sell it while it still has some value. I haven't used one in 3 years except for 1 music video playback job where the Dat tapes where sent from another source and I didn't want to chance messing up the timecode by transfering it into a disk based system. I do mostly ENG work and own a Tascam Recorder and when needed I borrow a 744t. However When I boom on film jobs my mixer normally just runs the Deva and thats it. Bottom line I think selling it is a good idea

Hey Tom, seasons greetings. 1500, 1200 $$$$ can buy some fun n useful goodies, so it makes sense to unload it. I haven't used my 2 hhb dat for over 2 years, but I also have a Nagra 4.2 and a stereo tc Nagra to keep the hhb's happy and somewhere for the dust to land on in my home studio, so what do I know.

CrewC

Guest tourtelot

I think that if my HHB spends 6 more months in it's case, I will sell it.  If I need it over the next six months, I'll keep it forever, since six month from now should be the real "last possible" moment to sell it for anything.

D.