AA Batteries For Lectrosonics SMQV

Jack Norflus

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I called and spoke with Rene at Lectrosoncis about my battery life issue looking for an RA on my smqv and he asked me to inspect the battery compartment door to see if it was flush, clean and the thumbscrew was turned tight. He said they occassionally get transmitters sent to them with this same issue at times only to have them test fine, finding one of these too be the issue.

On visual inspection the door was flush and all was clean so I decided to do a second battery test with a quarter more turn tightness then what I usually do. Naturally my instinct is not to over tighten so a quarter more turn made it about as tight as you could by hand and did another battery test and clocked it right under 13 hours which was an improvement of 2 hours since my test a couple days ago ! Did some of you say you we're getting the full 14.5? My test was 100mw, using right out of the box Enegizer Ultimate Lithium.

Interesting-I've just noticed one of my smqv has been getting significantly shorter run time. I thought it might be a bad batch of batteries and I haven't had a chance to do a full test yet - I wonder if this might be related.

did you do the silver paste to both of them that you are comparing? 

• 4 weeks later...