Boom Recorder Time Code

Timecode can be fed directly to BoomRecorder via your Fire Wire interface. There is no need to put it through your mixer at all, thus avoiding Robert's issue of timecode bleed in his audio channels.

Very true. My interface was cabled through the back of my cart, and had 8 analog ins on the back, so I sent TC into input 8 on the mixer and TC went pre-fade out into FF800.  When I needed 8 channels, I pulled the TC feed on the mixer and replaced it with the mic signal. That way I didn't have to re-patch the interface.  Maybe not the best choice, but worked perfectly.

Robert

Robert,

You could feed timecode directly into your FF800 via Input 9 or even 10 through the 1/4 Line Input on the front of the device and avoid using one of your 8 mixer inputs.

You could route that input on the FireFace 800 to whatever track you want in Boom Recorder through the RME TotalMix software's matrix.

post-284-130815094474_thumb.jpg

Robert,

You could feed timecode directly into your FF800 via Input 9 or even 10 through the 1/4 Line Input on the front of the device and avoid using one of your 8 mixer inputs.

You could route that input on the FireFace 800 to whatever track you want in Boom Recorder through the RME TotalMix software's matrix.

Also true, but then I would have had to have something plugged into the front.  Crazy logic, I know, but I like things to be tidy.  A low-level TC feed into the mixer and then to the FF800 kept it all clean and easy to access.  No crosstalk issues with custom, attenuated cable.

Anyway, no BR any longer, so no longer an issue.

Robert

FF800 also have a LTC and black burst option. It may work with Boom Recorder.

products_ff800_tco_1b.jpg

Robert,

If you are worried about bleed you can take advantage of BR's ability to jam itself to TC coming into any input.  When I used it with multiple interfaces and needed ALL the available input channels for audio, I input TC into an audio input for long enough for BR to "grab" it, then pulled it.  Since the interfaces feeding BR were being clocked by the same clock that was feeding the TC generator (in my case, a SD 744), sync was maintained.  I did several jobs last year where I had two BR systems running at once, separate computers/drives/interfaces, but both clocked from the same source and both BRs jammed to the same TC.  Sync was perfect for well over 4 hours.

phil p