My modular cart

Dragos Stanomir

Nicely done, lots of flexibility in a small space.  I hope you had a seatbelt on that camera car rig!

What do you do for tape returns and for monitor audio distribution?  My AD145 had a single mono tape return (for which I made an extenal switch box) and a single mono output of everything (L+R) besides the stereo outs.  (No aux sends etc.)  I had a similar experience to yours re: your AD145 being fuse protected from over-voltage power--a very solid, simple design!

Philip Perkins

Yes I had a seatbelt, but maximum speed was 20Km/h ( see the picture off all camera car), so I put it just for insurance.

With this equipment I don`t need return because is use`it with  35mm or 16 mm camera film. I put DAT on confidence monitoring so that`s enough.

When I shoot comercials on videocameras I use SD 744 & 422, so no problems.

For monitor audio distribution I have a Comtek M 216 in talkback output for boom operator to comunicate, and from DAT output another Comtek or wire for videoassist       ( output from Dat on direct out not on confidence!).

If I need more outputs I use an "Y" cable.

Dragos Stanomir

post-479-130815073875_thumb.jpg

Guest Jeff Colon

Hello Dragos,

Thanks for clarifying that, I was just curious.

I don't know if I would call that an insert so much as a rolling set.  It looks like it might be  mostly used as much for the drivers pov from inside looking over the tow vehicle.  If so, I can only imagine what a rolling metal box might sound like on the inside;-)

I appreciate the views of your cart rig.  I need to remember to keep it simple or at least not complicate things more than needed... yours is a good example. ThX

Regards from New Orleans...

Jeff C

Not at all. For POV was use it a real tank.

Not for interior sound was my complain (because walls was cover in leather and foam like in real tanks), but for noise of "box" in movement, especial on Romanian streets ...

Almost 40% of film actions was inside that box whith 5 caracters( 2 in front and 3 back) all the time speaking, and car rig running. I had to use lavaliers COS 11, Schoeps cmc41 on magicarm put on the roof, CUB 01 for front seats. Was a pain.

But , for my satisfactions , not even one line  need ADR.  Was put an original interior tank engine noise under voices and whith shooting "box" noise sounds  real, and dialog very clear.

See  more about that film at : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0819895/#comment

Dragos Stanomir