Zaxcom Nomad (The "Non-conjecture" thread)

Chris Durfy

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, Glen,

Do you have an idea why the Nomad inputs differ when sending tone from 4 channel SRa with the same gain and limiters off?

I have changed cables, receivers and still get the same result?

Must have missed it if it was mentioned.

427646_3314907231409_1230034843_4341409_2146537104_n.jpg

Hey Rado,

Sorry when I made that comment on FB I thought it was about channels five and six. That you weren't getting any audio to either of those. My bad.

Yes, the -/+3db is normal.

Upgrade between Nomad 4/6 and Nomad 8/12 requires an additional board(s) to be installed and would need to return to the factory. All other upgrades are software and can be done over the phone/internet. USB recording media (3rd) is only available from Nomad 8 and up, but Mix-8 WILL BE (not enabled yet AFAIK) available on all models.

Upgrade between Nomad 4/6 and Nomad 8/12 requires an additional board(s) to be installed and would need to return to the factory.

I was told by Colleen at Zaxcom that to upgrade a Nomad 4 or 6 requires modifying the hardware, and a trip back to the factory is required as you said. However, the upgrade from a Nomad 8 to a 12 is a software only upgrade and can be done remotely. She confirmed that in all cases the cost is the price difference plus a $300 service charge as John Blankenship has stated. (Even the software only upgrade from a Nomad 8 to a 12.)

Question:

there has been some hardware changes to Nomad since the first units where released (battery door fit problem, not sure what else)

When I finally receive the Nomad 8 (in about 2 months) which I ordered last October, will it be the most current version hardware-wise?

Or have there been more recent hardware changes which I may not benefit from?

Question:

there has been some hardware changes to Nomad since the first units where released (battery door fit problem, not sure what else)

When I finally receive the Nomad 8 (in about 2 months) which I ordered last October, will it be the most current version hardware-wise?

Or have there been more recent hardware changes which I may not benefit from?

As far as I know - other than a diode and a few jumpers and perhaps some resistor values there hasn't been any major hardware changes to Nomad since the first units that were shipped - and there are no plans to change any hardware.

And I'm not sure what you are referring to in regard to the battery door.

And I'm not sure what you are referring to in regard to the battery door.

Glenn mentioned putting a piece of mylar on the inside of the battery door so if someone inserted the battery sled backwards, lithium batteries couldn't short out and start a fire.

It sounds like a good idea. Of course, another solution is to not put the battery sled in backwards.