Patchbays

larry long

I built a custom patch "point" (not technically a patchbay) for all of the sound carts I have built. It consists of a 3 RU panel with all the necessary connections (with the proper type connector for each use), for example 2 boom connections (a pair each, MALE XLR, FEM XLR for duplex connection), MALE XLRs for AUX outs, BNC connectors for video in, etc. Out the bottom of the 2 sides of the rack panel there are multi-cables (8 and 8) that connect to the mixer, the recorder, the Comtek transmitter, the video monitor, etc.

This has worked well for me although it is not really a patchable patchbay, it serves to expedite easy connections to all the equipment in one place.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

post-1-130815073424_thumb.jpg

Fantastic looking cable --- went to the website and I am not so convinced of all the hype about high frequency signal travel, etc., but they certainly appear to be very rugged and well constructed cables. Also, available in short length, 3 feet I believe, which many of the other sub-D fan-out cables are not (Hosa cables, for example, I think 5 feet is shortest and no where near the quality of construction).

What is your best source for these Zaolla cables?

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Great information thank you gentlemen, I've got to sit down and plot this out for my cart.

Yeah those are great lookin' cables. Though those are aes cables are the specs fine for sending audio as well?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Try http://www.redco.com/  for custom cables.

LL