Deva Mix 12

larry long

I think it's just so new,  the software at 3.34 .  Now it's not freezing when I do anything that made it freeze again, so it is getting better , I think...

What is the benefit of a digital compressor ???  I do not know, I do not plan on using one for movies, at least not now.  Any other thoughts on using a compressor would be  something I would like to hear about though.

Coleman

Hey Coleman, thanks for all the real world reports about the mix 12. The more the better, keep them comming. I am real interested in this approach to recording with my Deva 4 and until I test drive one this is the next best thing. My thinking at this point in time is that I have a great analog mixer, and a average backup mixer that I would hate to use even for a day, so MX12 may fit my needs. I would love to hear from others as well. Thanks to the rest of the group as well for the good questions and info.

CrewC

Nothing really new to report. Just wanted to say that the combo is working great.  No "freeze up's".  I've been filming on the Queen Mary, and in a resturant today.  We did a company move, and I just left the cart power on.  The small power usage is a great help on set.   

I love how easy it is to use.

Coleman