unbalanced mono mic to Lectro ta5f wiring question

stephane

Just wanted to check with those that do their own soldering to make sure I'm doing this right.

I'm making a cable to go out of a 3.5mm unbalanced mono mic-level output from a 442 to a Lectro Rx (either servo-bias or not). Lectrosonics' wiring diagrams don't explain this particular setup, but I'm pretty sure all I need to do is connect tip=pin3, and sleeve=pin1. Since this is just a mic level output and not an actual microphone connection, I don't need to bridge pin1 to pin4, correct?

Thanks to all for any info.

Stephane

Just wanted to check with those that do their own soldering to make sure I'm doing this right.

I'm making a cable to go out of a 3.5mm unbalanced mono mic-level output from a 442 to a Lectro Rx (either servo-bias or not). Lectrosonics' wiring diagrams don't explain this particular setup, but I'm pretty sure all I need to do is connect tip=pin3, and sleeve=pin1. Since this is just a mic level output and not an actual microphone connection, I don't need to bridge pin1 to pin4, correct?

Thanks to all for any info.

Stephane

You're partially right. You have jump/bridge pins 2 & 4 in the TA 5 connector.

Eric

Thanks for the quick reply Eric. So from what I'm reading from Lectro's pin assignments, it looks like I'm turning what would have been a 2 volt wiring scheme (leaving pin 4 open), to a 4 volt setup by bridging pin 2 and 4. Would that be the standard wiring for most mono mic outs, and not just the 442?

Thanks for the quick reply Eric. So from what I'm reading from Lectro's pin assignments, it looks like I'm turning what would have been a 2 volt wiring scheme (leaving pin 4 open), to a 4 volt setup by bridging pin 2 and 4. Would that be the standard wiring for most mono mic outs, and not just the 442?

The wiring I described is for an adaptor cable for a lav mic wired for Lectro to be used with a Sennheiser G2/3 with a 3.5mm TRS input.  For a line level feed to the TX it's ground to pins 1 & 4, audio to pin 5. That should work fine from the tape or mix out.

Eric

I'm making a cable to go out of a 3.5mm unbalanced mono mic-level output from a 442 to a Lectro Rx (either servo-bias or not).

I'm a bit confused here Stephan, do you mean a mic-level output to a Lectro 'Transmitter' w/TA-5 input connector?

That's right. It's for a camera hop situation. I know in most instances a line level feed to the TX is preferred, and I have a cable for that. I just wanted to have the option of using a simple mic-level 3.5mm cable for a mono hop whenever my two "tape-level" outs are being used to feed a Comtek and a backup ZFR100 recorder.

Stephane