Any way to run Zaxconvert on an iPad?

Can anyone think of a way to get the Zaxconvert software running on an iPad? It would be easy enough to access the files from a TRX900 or ZFR100/200 using a card reader adaptor. It would be pretty cool if you could also convert the files and then dump them onto a USB thumb drive. It would be nice if Zaxcom created an app for it (Lectrosonics have come out with some cool uses for the iPad so far), but assuming they don't, is there another way to get the software running? I remember seeing a DOS emulator a while ago, I think it's still in the app store. Are there any windows or OSX emulators that would do the trick?

Anyway, just an idea I had bouncing around.

Rob

Writing the Zaxconvert program into an app would probably be quite simple, but I don't know if an app can allow an iDevice to handle a file format it couldn't previously (don't quote me on that one). You can always access a computer running OSX with remote desktop or other similar apps, which could be a laptop. But I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of having the iPad. You can't run OSX on an iPad, not because the machine is incapable, but mostly because it would be a nightmare to control it. OSX isn't designed to be touchscreen controlled (though Lion might be)...and Apple wouldn't allow it anyway. Bug Zaxcom for an app, if enough people ask, it will happen.

YES!!!!

This would be great Great GREAT!!!  Not just iPad, but iPhone/iPod touch as well!

I would also love to see SD make an iOS version of Wave Agent.  As both SD and Zax make products that are frequently used in run-and-gun situations in the field, it would be wonderful if they could make these great programs run on the devices we carry with us all the time.

e.

I was under the impression that the "Camera Connection Kit" worked with either, but apparently you're right, it is not supported by the iPhone.  Lame.  I bet there's a jailbreak solution though.  Oh well, guess I need to buy an iPad then ;)

e.

How would you get the files from a SD 7-series onto an iPhone? iPad has a digital camera cable that might be able to read from a USB CF reader/ SD cards from Zaxcom, iPhone does not.